Cup 362 of 365. 29 May, 2017.

IMG_3288

Prompt: use bleach.

Gosh, it felt strange using such an experimental and difficult to control technique so late in the project. Surely by this stage, I should be in a position of mastery. I tried something on coloured paper, but it didn’t take. So instead I hauled out a less than favourite T-shirt for the bleach treatment.

So, yes, that is one of the valuable points of the Make365 project, there’s always something new to learn, try and experiment. This one required patience, as it obviously required time for the image to develop properly.

I did it free-hand and what we ultimately have is a partially collapsed cup and saucer, verging on elephant’s trunk, but it’s there and possibly something to work on at some point in the future to enhance the cup-like qualities.